Philosophy

Monday, October 24, 2011

Danse Macabre 2010 ( Saint-Saëns ) - YouTube

Danse Macabre 2010 ( Saint-Saëns ) - YouTube: ""

Uploaded by on Oct 4, 2010

This project has been in my heart for a long time and Finally I've completed it. Danse Macabre or Dance Macabre is a brilliant piece of music in my opinion. I first fell in love with it when it was played during my music class in the third grade to introduce the instrument families. This music amazes me at how spooky and scary it can be yet it has a joyfulness about it. According to legend, "Death" appears at midnight every year on Halloween. Death calls forth the dead from their graves to dance their dance of death for him while he plays his fiddle. His skeletons dance for him until the rooster crows at dawn, when they must return to their graves until the next year. This is my treat to you all for the Halloween season. You might like it or you may hate it but it is dear to me. Happy Halloweedn.

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment